As machine learning is a substantive portion of my job nowadays, I'll probably update this description sometime soon...
- Sun 16 Dec 2018DeepMind's AlphaZero and The Real World
Using DeepMind's AlphaZero AI to solve real problems will require a change in the way computers represent and think about the world. In this post, we discuss how abstract models of the world can be used for better AI decision making and discuss recent work of ours that proposes such a model for the task of navigation.
- Sat 1 Dec 2018The Importance of Simulation in the Age of Deep Learning
An overview of the significance of simulation tools in the field of robotics and the promise and limitations of photorealistic simulators.
- Wed 5 Sep 2018Practical Guidelines for Getting Started with Machine Learning
The potential advantages of AI are many, and using machine learning to accelerate your business may outweigh potential pitfalls. If you are looking to use machine learning tools, here are a few guidelines you should keep in mind.
- Sun 2 Sep 2018For AI, translation is about more than language
Translation is about expressing the same underlying information in different ways, and modern machine learning is making incredibly rapid progress in this space.
- Sun 29 Jul 2018Bias in AI Happens When We Optimize the Wrong Thing
Bias is a pervasive problem in AI. Only by discouraging machine learning systems from exploiting a certain bias can we expect such a system to avoid doing so.
- Wed 27 Dec 2017My Favorite Deep Learning Papers of 2017
Here are five deep learning papers I felt rose above the rest in 2017.
- Thu 31 Mar 2016Have You Tried Using a 'Nearest Neighbor Search'?
More complicated ≠ better. In many circumstances, using the most sophisticated approaches to Machine Learning (like deep learning) may not be worthwhile.