I use Emacs a lot. Not only do I do I use it as my development tool for nearly all my programming work, but I also use it as my task management tool, my calendar and my email client. As I've added more and more tips and guides for using Emacs, I thought I'd collect them in one place.
- Mon 24 Aug 20151 Getting Started with Use-Package
Jump-start emacs with use-package and never manually install another package again
- Sun 4 Sep 20162 My Workflow with Org-Agenda
I use Emacs' "org-mode" to organize my life. Here's a snippet of how I get it all working.
- Mon 19 Dec 20163 Vim Within Emacs: An Anecdotal Guide
After using Emacs for 2 years, I decided to give "evil-mode" (Vim keybindings) a tentative try and I'm not looking back.
- Thu 2 Mar 20174 A Complete Guide to Email in Emacs using Mu and Mu4e
Most email clients are a pain. Emacs & mu4e are less of a pain.
- Sun 24 Jun 20185 Literate Programming with Org-mode
I frequently use Org mode to combine code snippets and analysis in a single document, a programming paradigm known as Literate Programming. Here are a few example showing how powerful this setup can be.
- Tue 31 Mar 20206 Managing my Annotated Bibliography with Emacs' Org Mode
Org mode is a fantastic tool for managing references. Here's a description of how I use it, and some additional packages, to manage my annotated bibliography.